Free Trial of Actino DPS
Click Here to Request FreeTrial of Actino DPS
Actino Document Processing Services
Cloud- / Web-based Services for Validation and Conversion of Documents to PDF
Actino DPS allow professional PDF documents editing on own server resources or in a private cloud.
Actino DPS is aimed at companies and organisations wishing to standardize and ensure the quality
of PDF validation and conversion within their entire business.
The Advantages are Obvious
- Convert, review, edit, validate and protect documents via centralized services.
- No need to purchase/install client application on each workstation to edit PDF files.
- The administration and supervision is completely centralized.
- Fully automated services that can be integrated with
other business systems as desired.
- Central processing allows standards compliance for all enterprise documents;
validation and conversion of documents to preferred PDF standards
according to own business policies.
- Platform independent usage; can be controlled from PC and mobile devices.
- Complements the use of the free Adobe Reader for editing of PDF documents.
Actino DPS Dashboard / Feature Matrix
Actino DPS user interface is available (as of now) in
English, German, Polish and Swedish.
"Drag and Drop" User Interface
- The usage is very simple and performant.
- The users simply drop their documents on a "Function-button"
to which a particular function is attached.
It may be the conversion of an Office file to PDF, PDF/X or PDF/A,
or validating PDF/X and PDF/A files.
PDF/UA validation (for universal accessibility) also represents a possible use case.
- The document is passed to the server and the result is sent back as a download link;
(the actual processing on the server is executed by
approved technology like callas pdfaPilot Server).
- The function matrix (above) lists examples of some possible processor features;
in principle any kind of request offered as a centralized and standardized
processing service can be implemented.
Actino DPS Features
Actino DPS is a cloud- / web-based service to validate and convert documents to PDF.
All services can be tailored to customer needs:
- Validate against PDF/A (examples):
- Validate against PDF/X (examples):
- Validate against PDF/UA (examples):
- Repair PDF
- Convert to PDF/X (examples):
- Convert to PDF/A (examples):
- Add Watermark
- Normalize PDF
- PDF Blackening/Reduction)
- Convert E-mail to PDF
- Show PDF with PDF Viewer
- Convert MS Word to PDF
- Convert MS Excel to PDF
- Convert MS PowerPoint to PDF
Job status notification by e-mail:
The user will get a notification by e-mail as soon as the job is completed.
Learn more about all ISO Standards based on PDF technology here
- Rights management for controlled distribution and time bombing:
To save intellectual property and to control distribution.
Only an eligible individual can open the PDF document or
the document expires after a specified period.
Test of "accessible PDF" - PDF/UA validation by software
Note! Important to always consider for conformance validation
against the ISO Standard PDF/UA:
PDF/UA conformance requires
validation of both syntax and semantic.
The Matterhorn Protocol specifies a common set of
31 "Checkpoints" with 136 failure conditions, whereof
- 89 failure conditions can be checked by software, and
- 47 failure conditions usually require human judgment.
Two results - Success or Failure:
PDF/UA validation successful
The PDF document did pass the software check.
It remains to also make a human judgement
before it can be declared as an "accessible PDF"
PDF/UA validation failure
The PDF document did not pass the software check.
Thus the PDF document is not PDF/UA conformant
and is not an "accessible PDF"
Note: Windows .Net 4.0 required.
- Windows® XP / Vista / Windows 7, 8, 10 or
Windows Server 2003 / Server 2008 / Server 2012
- RAM: 4GB minimum