Part of NewFormat AB Portal
Products and Services
Offerings / Promotions / Prices
Guides and Datasheets
Customer Contact Form
Solutions for making accessible PDF
Our solutions are based on
tested, reliable, and highly accessible hardware and software solutions.
NewFormat is Appointed Reseller and Solution Partner in
Nordic (Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland) and Baltic Region (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania)
of leading PDF technology from axes4.
axesPDF - Efficient workflows for creation of accessible PDF.
Click Here to Download Free Trial of axesPDF for Word
(All features included, but restrictions apply like watermark on every page,
an annotation on the first page and random color replacement of character)
axesPDF® for Word is the 1-click-solution for the creation of accessible PDF
with Microsoft Word 2010 (or above) that comply with
PDF/UA-1 (ISO 14289-1) and WCAG 2.0
axesPDF for Word changes the game of accessible PDF creation:
Just with a click of a button you get a PDF/UA-document without ifs and buts.
The document complies with current standards and guidelines;
PDF/UA-1 (ISO 14289-1) and WCAG 2.0
axesPDF® for Word offers a lot of powerful features.
Reliable conversion to accessible PDF
axesPDF® for Word transforms all Word elements into correct PDF tags:
- Images - no matter which layout option you have chosen
- Captions for images and tables
- External and internal links
- Tables - even complex ones
- Table of content
- Side notes
- Text boxes
- and more...
axesPDF® for Word has full control over the tagging.
This results in:
- Rich semantics
- High-quality tagging: 100% PDF/UA
- Accessible hyphenation
- Support of language settings even for paragraphs and words
- Correct tagging even at page or column breaks
Accessibility settings by default
axesPDF® for Word manages all the settings that you had to do manually so far:
All these settings are customizable.
- Reliable transfer of the document language that is set in Word
- Determination of the tab order according to the logical document structure
- Document title as window title
- Initial view with bookmarks
- Nested bookmarks
Correction on the fly
axesPDF® for Word optimizes the accessibility of your document on the fly by:
- Artefacting empty paragraphs
- Transforming list labels into the accessible standard bullet (Unicode)
Fully customizable tagging
axesPDF® for Word provides possibilities to determine the transformation process:
- Determine the PDF role of Word elements
- Mark decorative elements as artefacts
- All PDF standard tags are supported (even BlockQuote or Caption for example)
- Layout tables are linearizable
- Transformation of 2-column-tables into definition lists
- Footnotes and endnotes are transformed into screenreader usable inline notes
Role based workflow model
- Document author doesn't need deep accessibility knowledge
- Special task pane for document authors
(add alternate text, mark elements as decorative, linearize layout tables)
- Document templates with predefined tagging rules
- Document templates with predefined accessibility settings
Supported operating systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
Supported Word version - (axesPDF for Word installs as a plugin):
- Microsoft Word 2010
- MS Word 2013 (recommended)
- MS Word 2016 (recommended)
axesPDF for Word - How it works
From Word to accessible PDF according to the PDF/UA Standard
axesPDF for Word empowers every Word user to create
a top quality accessible PDF in seconds.
Remediation is not needed anymore. Quality assurance becomes a no-brainer.
The key is to use styles and templates that are optimized for accessibility.
Everything else is done by axesPDF for Word.
- 1-Click Accessibility
Use Word as intended and click "Export PDF" – Done!
The conversion takes care of a proper tag tree based on styles,
embeds fonts and more.
- Simplified authoring
The context sensitive task pane supports you with all additional tasks needed
like adding alt text or marking elements as decorative (artifact).
- Optimized templates
Save all axesPDF settings like the mapping of styles to PDF roles and
the initial view in your Word template. You only need to do this once.
- If everything is fine - congrats!
You have created your first PDF/UA compliant PDF file.
For more information contact NewFormat
Smörblommegränd 14, SE-165 72 Hässelby (Stockholm), Sweden
tel:+46 (0)70 631 53 01
All content © copyright 2008-2017 NewFormat AB. All rights reserved.